If you aren’t familiar with the book The Musician’s Way by Gerald Klickstein, put it on your radar. The book is written in three sections:
- Part I, Artful Practice, describes strategies to interpret and memorize compositions, organize practice, fuel motivation, collaborate, and more.
- Part II, Fearless Performance, exposes the causes of nervousness and shows how musicians can become secure, expressive performers.
- Part III, Lifelong Creativity, equips performers to prevent occupational injuries, enhance their creativity, and build rewarding careers.(1)
Collected through Klickstein’s own experiences, this book holds a wealth of information on developing a successful career and lifestyle as a professional musician. He specifically addresses both maintaining good health and navigating injuries as a musician.
Here are few posts that may of interest:
- Heeding the Signs of Injury
- Can Focal Dystonia Be Prevented?
- Hear Today. Hear Tomorrow.
- 5 Causes of Musicians’ Injuries
The bibliographic information for The Musician’s Way is on the prevention page here: https://healthyoboist.wordpress.com/prevention/.
Health and Healing,